Educational Scholarship Program
This program was developed to assist persons with disabilities in the DuPage, Kane and Kendall County Service area to enhance their educational goals in either Post-Secondary education or Vocational/Trade school with tuition, books or fees. Each year a total of 4 scholarships will be awarded to qualifying individuals. There will be two awards for fall enrollment and two for spring enrollment.
• Consumer must reside in AIM-CIL Service Area
• Educational Scholarship Program Pays up to $1000.00 per student for college or trade school registration/application/lab fees, books and/or class tuition (Payment is made directly to the school; No Payments will be made to an individual to pay for or to be reimbursed).
• Pursuing an Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree at an accredited college or university or enrolled on a recognized vocational/trade school.
• Have a documented disability
• Only one scholarship per person, per household.
• Not be related to any of the AIM-CIL Employees or Board of Directors to avoid conflict of interest.
To be considered the potential candidate will be required to complete the attached application and submit a one-page essay on Independent Living and their educational goals for the future. Candidates must submit their essays no late than November 15th each year for spring semester and no later than June 15th for fall semester. Essays are to be submitted via e-mail to [email protected] or via mail to the AIM CIL office no later than the dates above.
Educational Scholarship Program Application
Assistive Technology Program
This program was developed to assist persons with disabilities in the DuPage, Kane and Kendall County Service area in an effort to help meet the independent Living needs of those we serve.
· Consumer must reside in AIM-CIL Service Area
· Assistive Technology Program pays up to $500.00 for authorized device(s).
· Consumer or Parent/Guardian is responsible for the difference over $500.00 upon picking up device.
· Only one device per person, per household.
· Approval of application is determined by the Executive Director.