Educational Scholarship Program
This program was developed to assist persons with disabilities in the DuPage, Kane and Kendall County Service area to enhance their educational goals in either Post-Secondary education or Vocational/Trade school with tuition, books or fees. Each year a total of 4 scholarships will be awarded to qualifying individuals. There will be two awards for fall enrollment and two for spring enrollment.
• Consumer must reside in AIM-CIL Service Area
• Educational Scholarship Program Pays up to $1000.00 per student for college or trade school registration/application/lab fees, books and/or class tuition (Payment is made directly to the school; No Payments will be made to an individual to pay for or to be reimbursed).
• Pursuing an Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree at an accredited college or university or enrolled on a recognized vocational/trade school.
• Have a documented disability
• Only one scholarship per person, per household.
• Not be related to any of the AIM-CIL Employees or Board of Directors to avoid conflict of interest.
To be considered the potential candidate will be required to complete the attached application and submit a one-page essay on Independent Living and their educational goals for the future. Candidates must submit their essays no late than November 15th each year for spring semester and no later than June 15th for fall semester. Essays are to be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com or via mail to the AIM CIL office no later than the dates above.